Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

In Need of Blog Header & Button Help

As you can see, my blog has no design. It is simply colored text. I like clean and simple, and it has worked well while I was "discovering" how to blog, and what to blog and whether it was going to be something I could keep up with.
I definitely want to keep up with it and grow. The problem is I am not a graphic or web designer. Many a tutorial I have read about customizing your header and creating your own buttons. It's just not something I have a backround in or understanding of.

I need your help. How did you create your custom header and buttons? Did you hire a designer to do it for you? Was it expensive? How did you go about finding the right person?

I live in rural Colorado, there isn't exactly a large pool of local tech savvy individuals to chose from. I called one lady and she worked out of her truck and suggested we meet at the grocery store parking lot. I was a little, um, uncomfortable with that idea.

If you have any tips or advise, please share!



I may attend parties here
Funky Junk Interiors, WhipperBerry, Tatertots & JelloSkip to my Lou, Tip Junkie, Sumo's Sweet Stuff Carolyn's Homework, Today's Creative Blog,
Or Here
C.R.A.F.T Sawdust and PaperscrapsCraft-O-maniac The Girl Creative, Be Different Act Normal,  I (Heart) Naptime, Home Stories A-Z,  Somewhat Simple,

2 comments:

  1. If you want someone to make it all for you - http://www.sewcraftcreate.com/p/all-about-heidi.html

    If you want to learn to do it yourself, it's not as techy & tough as it looks. Try Kevin & Amanda for some good DIY tips - http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/category/tutorials/blog-design
    or try Sneaky Momma - http://www.sneakymommablogdesign.com/
    And it doesn't take special software...I made my button & header with Picnik online.
    Hope you find what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work for super cheap and love designing! I also offer free tutorials, so send me an e-mail if you need help! :) -jamie @ theletter4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete